Safety and Health
The safety of our team and the communities in which we operate comes first.
We envision an organization where no one gets hurt — one that ensures we can meet our commitments to employees, their families and our customers around the world, while keeping us competitive.
Our relentless pursuit of safety is rooted in our care and concern for people and their families. We believe Safety is a shared responsibility. Everyone has the right and responsibility to stop work if conditions become unsafe, regardless of position or experience.
Our approach to caring for each other — Stop. Think. Protect. — has a focus on incident prevention through safety leadership at all levels, front-line engagement and active recognition and control of high-potential exposures that may lead to life-altering injuries.
Our Safety and Health Principles
- No work is so important or urgent that it cannot be performed safely.
- We always put safety ahead of profit and production.
- We act swiftly to eliminate or control all high potential exposures.
- We are guided by the Bunge Safety Management System.
- Safety performance is a key indicator of organizational excellence.
- All levels of management and supervision are accountable for demonstrating proactive safety leadership.
- All employees are provided with the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to perform their job safely.
- Each individual working on our sites is responsible and accountable for their own safety and the safety of others.
- We promote off-the-job safety and wellness for our employees and in the communities where we work.
“Safety is about respecting our people, and that message is stronger than ever at Bunge. Every day, we focus on integrating this into our culture, spotlighting processes and actions that help our leaders reinforce the behaviors that prioritize safety and ensure all our employees can go home to their families at the end of the day.” - Decio May, Senior Vice President Global Industrial Operations
Our commitments to Safety, Health and Quality Food Safety starts at our leadership and are reflected in corporate policies: